Bringing children to worship may not always be easy, but it is an essential part of their growth in Christ. As we worship with children and they worship with us, we live out the belief that we are a community of faith together. We embody the belief that we are all children of God and have gifts to bring to God in worship.
- Discover that they belong to the body of Christ and are partners in the faith journey.
- Build memorable shared experiences.
- Hear stories from the Bible read and interpreted and see worship as a place where God speaks to all.
- Witness the drama of baptism and share Communion as experiences of God’s covenant with us and our promises to God.
- Have the opportunity for quiet play and art projects with age-appropriate activities and books available near the entrance doors at the front and the back of the sanctuary.
We realize that some young children may need to leave worship early or may need care throughout the worship hour. First United’s nursery provides quality care. Our nursery includes a cheerful play area stocked with age-appropriate toys and activities and a quiet area for sleeping, changing, and feeding. During worship, we provide a simple snack. Parents sign their children in and out.
For more information
If you have questions about children’s roles at First United, contact Lydia Mulkey, Associate Pastor of Christian Education (firstname.lastname@example.org), 708-386-5215 (ext. 103).