Who are we as a church? What is our identity?
Our Purpose and Covenant are codified as part of our Church Constitution and function similarly to a Mission and Vision Statement. Our Purpose and Covenant lay out those values we hold most dear, guide our decision-making, and inform how we interact with one another, our neighborhood, and the world. We periodically review these values with our most recent work having taking place in the summer of 2021.
We are an open and inclusive Christian Community, members of the worldwide Body of Christ, gathered to do the work of disciples:
- Worshiping God, as we celebrate our faith through scripture, sermon, prayers, song, and sacrament.
- Sharing the Good News of the Gospel, as we join with others to lead the way to a just and peaceful world.
- Nurturing the faith of children, youth, and adults, as we shape Christian character and conduct.
- Caring for each other as a congregation, as we share our hopes and joys, our doubts, and our sorrows.
- Loving our neighbors near and far, as we generously use our hands, voices, and abundant gifts to serve those in need.
Members of the church covenant together to:
- Follow and model the ways of Jesus Christ, humbly striving to be faithful disciples.
- Search for an honest understanding and expression of Christian faith through worship, education, and involvement in the wider community.
- Nurture, care for, and support each other, celebrating joys; extending support in times of doubt, grief, and struggle; and working in good faith to restore relationships in times of conflict.
- Engage and share in the life of the church, contributing our talents and resources to its purpose and ministries and seeking connection through church events.
- Advocate for people who are poor, marginalized, and oppressed, seeking justice and peace in the world.
- Practice inclusion by valuing people of all races, ethnicities, cultural identities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities in every aspect of our congregational life.